Monday, December 29, 2008

Breakfast at Baldy’s


The roadtrip USA book led us to a great local breakfast joint, and boy it was as local as local can be. The name was changed from the book to Mr. Baldy’s and the dirt parking lot was filled with pick- up trucks. We greeted by Flo and stared by all three booths full of toothless men. One even just got his new prosthetic leg. Flo whispered the breakfast special to Eric (Ham and cheese omelet). Eric accepted the offer and I had the Veggie omelet with Egg beaters. After breakfast we purchased some post cards to commemorate it and got the hell out of there. We were off to lunch in Southern Virginia.

1 comment:

David Tellez said...

Mr. Baldy's? Not that I'm a picky eater or anything, but I don't think I could ever eat in a restaurant whose name is the character of an old man. I mean, what's next?! Mr. Toothless? Mr. Hairy Ears? Mr. Back-in-1944...